Being in the Now!
The future can wait and the past is history!
We live our lives in the fast lane and unable to slow down, often spoiling the “now” and focusing on the controllable!
Being in the “now” has numerous benefits, including…
- Increased Relaxation – you experience a greater sense of calmness when you are only focused in the now.
- Clarity – when you are calm and relaxed, your senses have a sharp edge to them. You focus and have greater clarity, aiding decision making.
- Acceptance – when you are fully present in the moment, you tend to accept things more easily instead of fighting them.
- Effectiveness – your ability to handle things more effectively increases when you are able to see things with clarity and accept them for what they are
- A sense of being – being in the present also allows you to be more alive. When we are living in the past or future, we are living an imagined moment. However, being in the now is all what life is about.
- “At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.” Anonymous
- “I always live in the present. The future I can’t know. The past I no longer have.” Fernando Pessoa
- “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” Alice Morse Earle
- “Learn to focus only on the present. The past is unchangeable, so it is futile to reflect on it unless you are making sure you do not repeat mistakes. The future is but a result of your action today. So, learn from the past to do better in the present so that you can succeed in the future.” Jordan Lejuwaan
- “Living in the moment is being aware of the moment we are in. If our minds are in the past or future, we are not truly alive in the present.” Satsuki Shibuya
- “Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” Denis Waitley
- “Don’t let the past steal your present.” Cherralea Morgen
- “You have to let go of the past, in order to live in the present.” Anonymous