Dark nights and miserable feelings
Welcome to winter! Read here
It only seems weeks ago…Balmy nights…hours of sun and daylight…a cool refreshing drink in the garden, then suddenly, winter is upon us!
Shortened hours of daylight, dark by 4.30pm. Its no fun, or can it be?
Be it work, or our personal lives, the two interlink…We cannot switch on and off our mood and emotions. Don’t fight your feelings, change your conditioning, and your attitudes…banish hindering self-talk and adopt helpful self-talk.
Ultimately, it’s down to each of us, and there are some simple steps to take!
- Take more exercise…a brisk half hour walk in the fresh air, will work wonders. Dress accordingly, embrace the fresh air and smile and laugh at the falling rain! Consider going online to join some yoga groups…many are free!
- Do not be a slave to routines…live for the moment and embrace the now! Take yourself outside of your comfort zone and try some new activities…reading, painting, meditation!
- Think of what you would like to achieve…it may be each week, a challenge! Create goals and visualize how success will look…the sense of achievement, the joy, the satisfaction. Save the picture and make it happen!
- Socialise more…pick up the phone to people that you have not seen or spoken with recently…send a chatty email…or better still, what about buying a card and sending with a few well-chosen words…Imagine the appreciation and joy that the recipient will feel! Why not encourage others to do the same and become the catalyst for change!
- Put your phone away…Have hours during the day when you don’t look at it.
- Be appreciative of everything that life offers all of us. Sit down, close your eyes, relax, and smile!
Remember that we can only control the controllable. Embrace every new season, and remember that whatever we feel or believe, will ultimately drive our mindset. Change your thinking and change your moods…winter can be fun, just make it so!
“We cannot stop the winter or the summer from coming. We cannot stop the spring or the fall or make them other than they are. They are gifts from the universe that we cannot refuse. But we can choose what we will contribute to life when each arrives”.