Procrastination, and being in the today
Outside of the feelings and emotions, I started to beat myself up. When had I last spoken with Peter & Susan, and who live just a half an hour’s drive away? I had been meaning to go for weeks, but just kept putting it off. No real reason, but just on my to do list, but one that I never got to.
Learning number one…don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today…perhaps if you keep putting something off, there is a reason, or it’s not important after all!
We can’t change the past…we need to stop beating ourselves up…we can reflect and learn…make sure that we get things right in the future.
What can we learn from being in the moment?
Perhaps the biggest learning is simply to live life for today…no one can tell what the future holds…live your life and have no regrets. Cherish every moment, and never stop trying to be “your best version of you.” We owe it to ourselves, and for life in general.
- Stop over thinking things and be you! The hardest part is to start…just get up and do it!
- Focus on the present and not the future…opportunities are everywhere, but too often, we allow them to pass us by
- Perfection can be the enemy of achievement…Don’t wait for the right moment, it may never come
- Sometimes just go with the flow, and see where it takes you…the unknown may have exciting new adventures
- Accept that the vast majority of things that we worry about never actually happen!
- Look at habits that hold you back…are they there for no reason?
Be brave in life…do the right things, live for the day, and see where this one life takes us.
“My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time”